Case Study: Services IPO
Driving post IPO growth through a step change in talent
Head of Brand
Head of Pricing
Head of Direct Sales
Head of Marketing Planning
Head of Data Analytics & Insight
Head of Digital Service
The candidates sourced had a wide range of backgrounds. All, however, had training/significant experience derived from one or more of the following types of organisation:
- Top UK Consumer/Financial Services
- Top UK Telecoms
- Top UK and Digital Retail
- Top Global and UK FMCG
- Top Agencies and Consultancies (eg. media, creative, strategy)
A well-known consumer services business enjoyed a successful IPO, but needed new talent to achieve the goals promised to investors.
Despite having a household name brand and a market leading position for a number of its products, the business had not received a sustained level of attention as part of larger conglomerates. Many functions thus needed new leadership in order to build best-practice.
With an ambitious new executive team in place, the business was keen to draw in the best and most appropriate talent from other leading consumer businesses. Hunter-Miller was engaged due to its unique ability to leverage and rank talent from across a wide variety of relevant sectors.
Alongside recognising cross-sector synergies, Hunter-Miller also had to make sure that the cultural fit was exact. A business desiring change at pace but with a large number of legacy components required not just best practice but the right sort of characters: passionate, patient and high-integrity.
- The company suffered from a pre-IPO corporate and consumer brand that that while recognisable, were not seen as cutting-edge
- The scale of the change required following the IPO demanded extensive cross-sector vision and lateral thinking, as well as significant pace in search delivery
- All hires would have to provide a balance of change-driving ability with the personal skills to achieve this within a legacy corporate environment
The senior team within the business has been radically transformed, inspiring investor confidence and building for future success.